There's a moment early on in Spirited Away that sticks with me after countless viewings and many years. Plucky ponytailed 10-year-old protagonist Chihiro breaks down by a river after losing her parents—and the human world she recognizes—in a bathhouse for the spirits. "It's just a dream, a stupid dream," Chihiro chides herself as she begins to cry. "Go away, disappear! Disappear!" When she looks down, she gasps in a moment of clarity her own ability to self-actualize: her fingertips begin dissolving into nothing. Watch CC Off English Jennifer Coolidge and Jon Gries on returning to The White Lotus 00:51 Now playing What’s On This Week Yesterday 5:14PM 01:43 Now playing Just how deep will Anne Hathaway and Jeremy Strong go to get into character? Saturday 2:28PM "It plays into very strong fears that we all have of abandonment, of getting lost, of not knowing what we're doing or what to do next," Dr. Susan Napier, author of Miyazakiworld: A Life In Art and a professor at Tufts University, says of the film's opening sequence. "I think it's absolutely a global story." Spirited Away , which marked the 20th anniversary of its U.S. wide release on September 20, remains a touchstone… Read full this story
- This will make you feel old! These 19 things are 20 years old in 2019
- 23 songs you won't believe are 20 years old in 2019
- Cousins sentenced to minimum 20 years for Stephen Carson murder
- Junior College orchestra turns 20, album released
- Killer boyfriend of Morgan Freeman’s granddaughter who stabbed her 25 times in the street jailed for 20 years
- What will healthcare in Norwich look like in 20 years?
- Stephen Carson murder: Two cousins jailed for 20 years for 'cold-blooded' execution
- Minimum 20 years for ‘jealous’ man who brutally murdered his former partner
- Vanishing Point celebrates 20 years with The Dark Carnival
- Travis return home to Glasgow 20 years after release of classic album
Spirited Away: Revisiting Miyazaki's opus 20 years after U.S. release have 318 words, post on www.avclub.com at September 24, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.