Former President Donald Trump spoke for almost two hours as he closed out the Conservative Political Action Conference on Saturday. In his remarks, he described a country that has been destroyed since he left office and outlined the steps Republicans should take if they win back control of Congress in November. He decried the inclusion of transgender athletes on women’s sports teams, and reiterated calls for drug dealers to get the death penalty and homeless people to be moved to tent cities. Trump’s speech was “unapologetic fascism,” Michael Hardy, a senior editor at Texas Monthly, said in a tweet. “This might be most frightening speech I’ve ever heard,” Hardy wrote, adding that it indicated that the former president’s rhetoric is “significantly more extreme than even a few years ago.” Here, Newsweek has rounded up some key moments from the former president’s speech. ‘America is on the edge of an abyss’ Trump began his speech by declaring the U.S. “is being destroyed more from the inside than out.” “America is on the edge of an abyss and our movement is the only force on earth that can save it,” he said. “What we do in the next few months and the… Read full this story
- 'Would you like some nice ISIS fighters?' Donald Trump taunts Emmanuel Macron over captured terrorists in Syria after ripping him for 'nasty' NATO comments - but French president slaps back 'let's be serious' and spars on Turkey and Russia
- Donald Trump's military parade angers DC officials concerned about tanks damaging roads
- The dark history of Donald Trump's rightwing revolt
- Donald Trump claims a big win with death of Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
- False Idol — Why the Christian Right Worships Donald Trump
- John McDonnell renews Labour's war with Donald Trump by accusing him of having a 'passing relationship with the truth' after Jeremy Corbyn FAILS to confront the US president over NHS at Buckingham Palace
- Jeremy Corbyn vows to confront Donald Trump at Buckingham Palace TONIGHT after the US President rubbished his NHS claims saying he would not want to seize health service if it were 'on a silver platter'
- Emmanuel Macron vents his fury at 'stolen video' of gossiping world leaders mocking Donald Trump as the US President storms home from Nato summit after blasting 'two-faced' Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
- Janet Yellen deserves more praise for the economy than Donald Trump
- North Korea warns Donald Trump he’ll receive a ‘Christmas gift’ if US misses nuke talks deadline
Key moments of Donald Trump's CPAC speech as critic brands it "frightening" have 413 words, post on www.newsweek.com at August 7, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.