Actor Tom Hanks still feels anger over not learning about the Tulsa Massacre until just two years ago, alleging that white people edited it out of the history books. During an appearance on the Another Act podcast, the Forest Gump star talked about never learning about the Tulsa Massacre throughout all of his education and even throughout his own studies during his adult life. "I read a New York Times piece on a hundred-year-old survivor of the Tulsa Massacre, and my question was this, 'What's the Tulsa Massacre?'" Hanks said. "You know, I was taught American history every three years growing up … how is it that it wasn't until two years ago that I heard about the Tulsa Massacre?" "How is that possible? … I heard about all kinds of disasters in which people died," he added. "But I had never heard about this thing that happened in 1921." Hanks then recalled all of the famous history lessons throughout his life, from The Alamo to Little Big Horn, and never once hearing of the Tulsa Massacre. "I tell you, at the age of 10, when I was in fifth grade, living in Oakland, California, that would've been a moment… Read full this story
- Aamir Khan to star in official adaptation of Tom Hanks's 'Forrest Gump'
- The most iconic toy store in the world just reopened after suddenly shutting down 3 years ago — take a look inside
- How Twin Brothers From Kentucky (And Tom Hanks) Launched A Hit App
- Everyone from Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump to Tom Hanks has adopted the meditation technique sweeping Wall Street
- Columbine Shooter's Mum Gave A Chilling Account Of Discovering Her Son's Massacre 15 Years Ago Today
- The roof caved in 8 years ago. Now, building has high-end ‘urban industrial’ condos.
- These huge developments were announced years ago. Here’s why they’re still stalled.
- Live Streamed Massacre Means It’s Time To Shut Down Facebook Live
- Why 10-year-old 'Mad Men' is still the best show to come out of television's Golden Age
- America’s Forgotten Massacre: The Destruction and Revitalization of Black Wall Street
Tom Hanks: ‘It Made Me Mad’ That I Never Heard About the Tulsa Massacre Until Two Years Ago have 354 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 28, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.