House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) said Friday on CNN's "At This Hour" that inflation is a worldwide phenomenon caused by the coronavirus pandemic and the war in Ukraine. Hoyer said, "Gas prices have come down approximately 20 percent over the last 40 days. That's good news. Let's hope it continues because inflation is a real problem. There's no doubt about that. We ought to focus on the fact that this is a worldwide phenomenon caused by the pandemic and caused by the war in Ukraine that Putin started and is pursuing. So that the United States is about in the middle in terms of how much inflation we have of the developed countries in the world. So it's a worldwide phenomenon." He added, "Do we need to get a handle on it, are people having trouble at the grocery store and the gas pump? They are. We passed a bill on gouging that our Republican friends did not support. We passed a bill on infrastructure. We passed a bill on fuel and food to try to bring food prices and fuel prices down and protect supply chains. So we've taken a lot of actions to try to address this. It's… Read full this story
- Putin's certain victory: What you need to know about the Russian presidential election
- Who Will Save South Sudan As It Teeters On the Verge of Civil War, Again?
- Trump causes global outcry with new duties on metals imports
- Russia is Drowning in Corruption. Trump Should Offer to Help | Opinion
- EU majority stands with United Kingdom in its fight with Russia
- Can A Country Like America Make Itself Great Again?
- Assad Prevents Palmyra Residents From Returning Home
- ‘This Week’ Transcript: Sen. Ted Cruz
- 'This Week' Transcript: Ukraine Foreign Minister; Nate Silver
- 'He turned into a child at the end': Robert Mugabe lost the power of speech before he died aged 95 in Singapore as Zimbabweans blast him for bringing their country to its knees
Hoyer: Inflation 'a Worldwide Phenomena' Caused by COVID, Putin's War have 338 words, post on www.breitbart.com at July 29, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.