Two women, one Austrian and the other Romanian, were killed in a shark attack this week off the coast of Egypt, Egypt's environment ministry and the tourists' respective foreign ministries said Sunday. "Two women were attacked by a shark while swimming" in the Sahl Hasheesh area south of Hurghada on the Red Sea, the Egyptian ministry said Sunday on Facebook, reporting that both died. Austrian news agency APA said one of the women was a 68-year-old from the country's Tyrol region who was holidaying in Egypt. Austria's foreign ministry confirmed to AFP Sunday "the death of an Austrian citizen in Egypt", without providing further details. Citing information received from Egyptian authorities, Romania's foreign ministry confirmed to AFP on Sunday "the death of a Romanian citizen" which "appeared" to have been caused by a "shark attack" off Hurghada. Red Sea governor Amr Hanafi had on Friday ordered the closure of all beaches in the area for three days after "an Austrian tourist had her left arm torn off, seemingly in a shark attack". Social media users on Friday shared a video — the authenticity, date and location of which AFP could not independently verify — showing a swimmer struggling before what… Read full this story
- Terrifying shark mauls 13-year-old in brutal attack, leaving child with gaping foot wounds
- Lady in Red: Who is woman unearthed in Mississippi in 1969?
- Surf, sea lions, squiggly roads
- 16,000 fish released in Gulf to help red tide recovery
- 16,000 fish to be released into Gulf to ease effects of red tide
- The Latest: Protesters gather in Turkey after NZ shooting
- Grand Prix of Long Beach: Race history from 1975 to 2018
- Winning the Lottery
- Retired Army Capt., California Brothers Among Ethiopia Plane Crash Victims
- Ethiopian crash victims were aid workers, doctors
Egypt: Shark Kills 2 Tourists, a 68-yr-old Austrian and a Romanian, in the Red Sea have 305 words, post on www.news18.com at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.