Mac sales in China have been growing in recent years, with Apple Silicon models accelerating their popularity. But the Chinese government has a plan to reduce its reliance on US tech from Apple and Microsoft: creating its own operating system … Background Like any other country in the world, China's personal computers are pretty much split between Windows and Mac. Apple has steadily increased its market share in recent years, currently holding around 15% of the market, while Windows has the other 85% – and rival operating systems like Linux are essentially just statistical noise. The Chinese government has for years been unhappy about this reliance on US tech, and tasked the National University of Defence Technology of the People's Liberation Army with developing a home-grown operating system. This was achieved in 2001 in the form of Kylin , but while it has been used for military and government computer systems, it hasn't really made any inroads into wider use. openKylin South China Morning Post reports that the country is now making a more concerted effort to bring Kylin into mainstream use, by creating an open-source version, openKylin. The first versions of Kylin were based on FreeBSD, while current versions… Read full this story
- Huge blow for Putin as China silently turns on Russia – major car brand pulled from sale
- Sales Tax Hike, Property Tax Break Proposed For Old Orchard Mall
- Best strategy games for Mac
- Mac & iPhone 13 strength may drive Apple to a record-breaking earnings report
- Best adventure games for Mac
- Editorial: Latest IDC estimate of Q1 2019 iPhone sales 'highly inaccurate' to the point of 'embarrassing'
- Gartner, IDC were both wildly wrong in guessing Apple's Q4 Mac shipments
- Best Mac card games
- Best Mac racing games
- Despite Thunderbolt, iPad to Mac communication is still a mess
As Mac sales in China increase, government wants the country to use its own OS have 288 words, post on 9to5mac.com at July 1, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.