ISLAMABAD, July 3 (Xinhua) — A health worker of a polio eradication team was critically injured in a firing by unknown gunmen in Pakistan’s northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, local media reported on Sunday. The incident happened in the tribal district of North Waziristan where the gunmen sprayed bullets at the team working on a polio eradication drive to administer polio vaccines in the area, said the report. The attackers fled the scene after policemen escorting the polio workers fired back. The injured person was shifted to hospital, said the report. It was the second attack on polio workers during the last few days. On Tuesday, three people, including two policemen and a polio worker, were killed in a similar incident in the area. The anti-polio drive was temporarily suspended in the area following Tuesday’s attack, but started again after health workers expressed willingness to continue the door-to-door campaign to inoculate local children aged under five.
- Pakistani Actress Slams Journo for Sharing Movie Clip as Real Video of People Rejecting Polio Drops
- Gunmen in Pakistan kill two police escorting polio vaccinators
- India Releases Two Pakistani Teens Who Had Inadvertently Crossed Border
- Violence breaks out on West Bank as Hamas calls for an uprising and Turkey warns Trump has 'pulled the pin on a bomb' after the president recognised Jerusalem as Israel's capital
- Now China's killer virus spreads to AMERICA: Man in his 30s is hospitalised as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine, cases reach 450 and health chiefs are poised to declare a worldwide public health EMERGENCY
- Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m
- Arctic blast heads Northeast after battering the Midwest and leaving ONE THIRD of the country under a winter storm warning - as bomb cyclone dumps a record-breaking 30 INCHES of snow in a day in Newfoundland
- 'The guys are listening to my message and how we want to play' - Joe Root
- 39 CRPF personnel killed in Jaish-claimed suicide attack on convoy
- Climate change or poor policy? As Australia’s wildfires see some relief, blame game ascends
1 injured in firing on polio eradication team in NW Pakistan have 354 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at July 4, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.