Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg Health Minister Ong Ye Kung said in a Facebook post on May 28 that Singapore should not be surprised if a case of monkeypox is detected here in the coming weeks. He mentioned that over 200 cases of the virus have been detected in over 20 countries and it has sparked a lot of interest in the recent World Health Assembly, which he attended. Monkeypox not the same as Covid Ong said that the potential for monkeypox to become a pandemic like Covid-19 is unlikely. This is attributed to the fact that the virus spreads through physical contact rather than airborne — like Covid-19 which transmits wider and faster. For example, if you are highly exposed to someone with rash lesions because of monkeypox, you might be potentially infected by the virus. However, he assured Singaporeans that Singapore has “necessary protocols and public health measures” to deal with monkeypox. This was due to an imported case of the virus in 2019. What’s Monkeypox? Monkeypox is an orthopoxvirus which has similar symptoms to smallpox albeit less deadly. Once confined to certain places in Africa, the virus spreads in several ways such as… Read full this story
- '2 doses is not enough': Ong Ye Kung urges public to get their booster shots to prepare for new Covid-19 wave
- Explained | What is the monkeypox virus and how is it transmitted?
- WHO to change monkeypox virus name as scientists call it 'discriminatory'
- WHO Calls For Monkeypox Virus Name Change—Here’s Why Scientists Believe It’s Stigmatizing
- WHO renaming monkeypox virus after scientists voice concern that it is 'discriminatory and stigmatizing'
- What To Know About How Monkeypox Spreads—And Whether You Should Wear A Mask
- CDC Issues New ‘Interesting’ Sex Advice For Monkeypox, Here’s The Reaction
- WHO Monkeypox Update: 2103 Confirmed Cases, One Death, Across 42 Countries
- Monkeypox to be renamed by World Health Organization after scientists say the word is biased toward Africa
- UK logs another 104 monkeypox cases as outbreak of rash-causing virus keeps sweeping the country
'We should not be surprised' if S'pore detects Monkeypox virus here in coming weeks: Ong Ye Kung have 333 words, post on mothership.sg at June 25, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.