Mumbai: Electric vehicle buyers can now walk into a showroom and get options from multiple brands to choose from, just like buying a new mobile phone, as the concept of multi-brand vehicle dealerships slowly gains popularity in India. It is a proven concept overseas but never took off in India. With the advent of electric vehicles (EV), multi-brand dealerships are now finding favour here too with at least five companies investing in this space. The reasons are simple – there are tens of small EV makers in India in the two-wheeler, three-wheeler and bicycle segments, most of whom have neither the volumes nor the brand recall to sustain exclusive showrooms. With multi-brand showrooms, sales are higher than in single-brand showrooms, ensuring better sustainability of operations for the dealer. Moreover, such dealerships also help fledgling EV companies widen their sales and service network in a relatively shorter time and lower capital cost. “We think of us as Croma of electric vehicles,” says Dhiraj Tripathi, the co-founder and chief operating officer of Electric One , one such company in this space. Other companies include BikeWo , Mad About Wheels , eWheelers and AutoEVMart by Greaves Cotton . These companies work on a… Read full this story
- Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- Not just EVs: Tata Motors wants to ride SUV wave with Punch
- Ola S1 and S1 Po Electric scooters launched in India at a price starting Rs. 99,999
- 2021 Tata Tigor EV Launched with 26kWh Battery Pack, 306 Km Range; Starting Price ₹ 11.99 lakh
- MG Motor India sells out first batch of SUV Astor within 20 minutes of opening bookings
- Mercedes-Benz India Launches The Retail Of The Future Sales Programme, New Method Of Selling Vehicles
- Opinion: Qualitative attributes to spot potential winners among EV startups
- Nykaa IPO opens tomorrow: Should you subscribe or avoid the e-tailer?
- Diwali 2021 | Definitive guide to festive gifting Part 2: The product, fashion, tech edit
- The curious case of the missing electric motorcycle
Choosing your next EV will get easier as multi-brand showrooms gain currency in India have 320 words, post on auto.economictimes.indiatimes.com at June 24, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.