Already shedding subscribers, Netflix may also be losing some of its big-name directors, with Italian Oscar-winner Paolo Sorrentino telling Cannes that he is finished with streaming platforms. “Maybe it´s because I´m becoming old, but the best thing for me is to try to make things for the big screen,” Sorrentino told an audience at the Cannes Film Festival. The director of “The Great Beauty”, which won a foreign language Oscar in 2014, said the “power of the image” could only be fully realised on a big screen. “With a TV series, it´s not easy to remember great images,” he said. “I don´t (watch) movies done for TV or platforms because I don´t find what I´m looking for.” Sorrentino is one of many lauded auteurs — including Martin Scorsese and Jane Campion — who have benefitted from Netflix´s deep pockets in recent years. He made TV series “The Young Pope” for the platform, as well as last year´s autobiographical film, “The Hand of God”. “The movie I made for Netflix was good for Netflix, but it´s not something (I want) to happen again,” he said. The influx of easy money was actually a problem, he added. “For many filmmakers there was… Read full this story
- The true story of Hattie McDaniel, the first black Oscar winner
- Academy Board To Pick First 2019 Oscar Winners This Weekend As Governors Awards Move Up To October – Who Is On The List?
- Awkward! Bungling GMB presenter Ross King brutally SNUBBED by Oscar winners on live TV before Gary Oldman interview is hijacked
- Jane Fonda: The Oscar-winner on TikTok, Trump and being an eco-warrior in a red coat
- Has Netflix found its best picture Oscar winner in The Irishman?
- Nomadland review: Chloe Zhao’s gritty glimpse into van-dwelling community would be worthy Oscar winner
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Will End With Season 7, Says Netflix | Digital Trends
- Two time-Oscar winner Mahershala Ali will play vampire hunter Blade in reboot
- Palace lauds Oscar winner
- New Star Wars Movie in Works from Jojo Rabbit Oscar Winner Taika Waititi
Italy Oscar-winner Sorrentino says no more Netflix have 338 words, post on www.thenews.com.pk at May 25, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.