The defamation trial of Johnny Depp and Amber Heard is coming to an end on Friday after six weeks of dominating news cycles and social media discourse . Closing arguments are being heard from both sides but regardless of the jury’s verdict , the trial has already played out significantly on social media with Heard bearing the brunt of the negative scrutiny. Depp 58, sued his ex-wife Heard, 36, for $50 million for defamation over an op-ed published by The Washington Post in 2018, in which she said she was a victim of domestic abuse. While Heard didn’t name her ex-husband in the piece, his legal team has argued it was obvious she was referring to him. Heard, meanwhile, has countersued for $100 million for damages. Harrowing testimony from both parties was heard throughout the trial, with both Depp and Heard alleging instances of violence and abuse against the other. As this is a civil case the jury simply has to decide which side of the dispute they believe to be more likely. Regardless of the outcome, one lawyer says that the public will have likely made up their minds with the countless viral moments this trial has produced. “We… Read full this story
- The Art of Looking: Eleven Ways of Viewing the Multiple Realities of Our Everyday Wonderland
- Donald Trump Asked, “What Do You Have to Lose?” This Illinois Town Found Out.
- Kate Spade, Alan Bean and other notable celebrity deaths
- Jackson Odell, Anthony Bourdain and other notable celebrity deaths
- Phoenix local music picks: Lago, CO-OP, Phoenix Afrobeat Orchestra, Wyves, Baseline, Samual L Cool J
- Mighty Mississippi River faces mounting environmental threats
Depp, Heard "pop culture boxing ring" overshadows burden of proof have 264 words, post on www.newsweek.com at May 27, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.