Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Power crises during California's August 2020 heat waves raised questions about how reliable the state's grid will be on the road to its target of 100% clean energy by 2045. But new research provides clear answers: California can reliably achieve an 85% clean electricity grid by 2030 with a diverse mix of renewables and batteries, flexible demand, trade with neighboring states, and some existing power plants—under multiple build-out assumptions and possible future conditions. It turns out a cleaner grid is a more reliable grid. State regulators and elected officials can achieve this important step toward the state's 100% clean energy future through policy actions that accelerate diverse clean energy deployment, reduce gas generation dependence, incentivize demand-side resources, and improve regional electricity trading coordination with neighboring states. Policies to move forward California is an international leader in reducing greenhouse gas pollution while providing increasingly clean power for a large and diverse population of electricity users – 40 million people and the world's 5 th biggest economy. Energy efficiency measures have held total state power consumption flat for many years while a series of increasingly ambitious renewable portfolio standards have driven rapid adoption of clean energy… Read full this story
- Three Ways Utilities Can Keep Pace With The Unprecedented Amounts Of Clean Power Coming Online
- We Can Store Our Excess Renewable Energy In An Energy Vault
- Offshore Wind Energy — Rich With Opportunity, For Oil Giants And Utilities Alike
- The Race To Clean Hydrogen Is On. Can Houston Lead The Way?
- California firefighting resources ‘stretched’ by 23 major wildfires, Newsom says
- Are FM's clean energy, EV announcements in line with India's climate commitments? Experts weigh in
- A Fight Over Rooftop Solar Threatens California’s Climate Goals
- This California Dairy Farm’s Secret Ingredient for Clean Electricity: Cow Poop
- The electrical grid of the future must be built around community need
- For Access to Clean and Reliable Energy, India Needs Policy Action in Budget 2022
California Can Reliably Hit 85% Clean Energy By 2030 Without Risking Outages – En Route To A 100% Clean Grid have 317 words, post on www.forbes.com at May 11, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.