Tiger Woods (AFP Photo) AUGUSTA: Tiger Woods fought back from a poor start in the second round at the Masters on Friday, earning a mini victory of sorts by making the halfway cut at his first tournament since a career-threatening car crash. Though a distant nine strokes behind leader Scottie Scheffler , Woods goes into the weekend equal 19th at one-over-par 145 at Augusta National. It would not be a bad spot for any 46-year-old, much less someone whose career seemed in jeopardy when he was badly injured in single-car rollover last February. “I’m proud of the fact that my whole (support) team got me into this position,” he said. “We worked hard to get me here to where I had an opportunity.” It seems extremely unlikely that he will earn a sixth Green Jacket on Sunday — he was placed no worse than sixth after 36 holes in each of his previous wins — but he was hardly ready to throw in the towel. “Hopefully I’ll have one of those light bulb moments and turn it on in the weekend and get it done,” he said. “If you are within five or six going into the back nine, anything… Read full this story
- Tiger Woods’ last major title was unreal — what followed was unbelievable
- Tiger Woods Soars at the Memorial, Except on the Greens
- Tiger Woods still 'moves the needle' at the U.S. Open
- Tiger Woods is in a better place one year after DUI arrest threatened his career
- Will we ever see vintage Tiger Woods again?
- Tiger Woods combats NY traffic by staying aboard $28.5m yacht
- Magic Happens at the Centara World Masters
- What channel is 2018 U.S. Open golf on? TV, live stream, tee times
- Golf: Strange empathises with Tiger's mental fight to win again
- Tiger can still beat my record: Nicklaus
Tiger Woods 'proud' of himself after battling to equal 19th at Masters | Golf News - Times of India have 295 words, post on timesofindia.indiatimes.com at April 9, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.