– A + A KUALA LUMPUR (April 25): Press Metal Aluminium Holdings Bhd said its Sarawak subsidiary has reached an "amicable settlement" with the Inland Revenue Board (IRB) in respect of additional assessments for the years 2014 to 2019. Press Metal Bintulu Sdn Bhd (PM Bintulu) reached a final settlement of RM26.74 million based on a letter received from the IRB dated April 22, the group said in a bourse filing. The group first announced the additional assessments, totalling RM106.06 million across the six years of assessment, on Nov 26, 2021. At that time, Press Metal said the IRB imposed the additional income tax "based on its view that certain income does not fall under pioneer status exemption approved by Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)". The final settlement will see the tax paid in eight equal installments from May to December 2022. The group booked RM116.23 million in taxation for 2021, versus RM67.74 million for 2020, its financial results filing showed. "The final settlement will be recognised in the financial statements for the financial year ended Dec 31, 2021 and will not have a material impact on the financial position and financial performance of Press Metal group. "With the above, the… Read full this story
- SC gives ruling on delay in tax refunds
- Trump faces demands to ban blueprints for 3D-printed plastic guns that terrorists could use to avoid metal detectors
- Coronavirus live updates: Federal loans to help California pay unemployment benefits
- MLBPA chief Tony Clark shoots down idea of players taking additional pay cuts: 'That negotiation is over'
- Coronavirus update: More than 22 million jobless in US, Africa's cases could reach 10 million
- Coronavirus latest: Europe cases reach 1 million as Spain sees drop in infections
- Lawmakers struggle to reach deal on new COVID relief package
- Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer Takes 10 Percent Pay Cut as State Tightens Budget Over Coronavirus
- No pay cuts, layoffs but Mideast firm rethinks food security
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES APRIL 11
Press Metal reaches settlement on additional tax assessments, to pay RM27 mil have 306 words, post on www.theedgemarkets.com at April 25, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.