Ohio State redshirt freshman quarterback Kyle McCord will open up the 2022 college football season as the Buckeyes' backup behind C.J. Stroud. Rather than enter the transfer portal and look for a starting job elsewhere, McCord elected to stay at Ohio State and affirm his commitment to the team. McCord is a 247Sports Composite five-star recruit out of Philadelphia (Pa.) St. Joseph’s. He was also the No. 28-ranked overall player and the No. 6-ranked quarterback in the recruiting Class of 2021. Ohio State head coach Ryan Day met with the media and discussed McCord's decision to remain with the Buckeyes for the 2022 season. "I mean I think he's had a good spring, you guys were out there, you saw some of the balls that he threw and having a whole year under his belt now, he's that much better," Day said . "He's competitive, he wants to be at Ohio State, he's made that clear to us and he's going to be ready in that first game if he needs to be in that game. That's the thing is, when you feel like you're the backup, sometimes you feel like you're miles away but you're only one snap away,… Read full this story
- UPSET! Penn State topples No. 2 Ohio State 24-21
- Rewriting football history -- with the help of VAR
- Big 12 schools intend to open in fall, giving football hope
- Chiefs, Broncos, Raiders, Chargers: Here's one burning question for every AFC West team heading into 2020
- New Auburn QB commit driven to be "the last team playing"
- BAZ BAMIGBOYE: Drag wasn't my bag but I love it! Richard E. Grant talks about his striking new role, complete with high heels... and a 36DD bra
- 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals: Here's one burning question for every NFC West team heading into 2020
- Opinion: Football's return short on feeling
- Snow Makes its Return to Shelton's Forecast
- Better blind side? 49ers’ Joe Staley was brilliant, but ‘he ain’t Trent Williams’
Ohio State football: Buckeyes head coach Ryan Day talks about QB Kyle McCord's decision to return in 2022 have 344 words, post on 247sports.com at April 4, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.