OAKLAND (CBS SF) — Already grappling with 33 homicides so far this year, the Oakland Police Department is putting more officers on the streets this weekend to focus on violent crime. The move comes after the third-largest city in the Bay Area recorded three additional fatal shootings since Wednesday. READ MORE: Woman’s Body Found Friday in Gilroy Canal An Oakland police spokesperson said the department is closely tracking the rise in fatal shootings in the city of 445,000, including the descriptions of those responsible for those killings. At the same time, homicides in Oakland are down 10 percent in 2022 so far, as compared with this same time last year. The three homicides that occurred during the last three days occurred during evening hours. The first fatal shooting occurred just before 9 p.m. Wednesday in the 1200 block of Lakeshore Avenue, in the vicinity of other fatal shootings recently. Officers responded, located the victim and provided medical aid until paramedics arrived, according to police. Paramedics took the victim to a hospital where he died, police said. Police later confirmed that the shooting happened during a robbery. The victim in the Wednesday night shooting was identified as Devon Stanford. On Thursday… Read full this story
- 'We expect our officers to be awake': Oakland police investigating viral photo of napping cop
- Police say violent crime in Cedar Rapids has dropped in first half of 2018
- Tyler Police Department: Gas station skimming fugitives booked into Smith County Jail
- UPDATE 1-Vatican police raid top offices in financial investigation
- Police chief: Violent crime on 'an uptick' after string of shootings in Marion
- South Africa: Police Condemn the Continuous Violent Crimes in Schools
- Coalition announces effort to fight violent crime in Rapides
- Is Louisville's violent crime rate comparable to a combat zone?
- FBI: Crime rate fell in 2017, after two years of gains in the violent-crime rate
- Violent crime is down in Indianapolis; mayor says 'there's nothing to celebrate'
Oakland Police Department Adds More Officers for Weekend Violent Crime Enforcement have 309 words, post on sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com at April 8, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.