Prince William was accused of “horrific comments” by Martin Luther King’s daughter in the aftermath of a Ukrainian community event where he was partially misquoted. Bernice King linked the Duke of Cambridge’s remarks to colonialism after William and Kate Middleton visited the Ukrainian Cultural Centre in London to support the relief effort on March 9. Footage from the event showed Prince William said: “Everyone is horrified by what they are seeing. The news every day, it’s almost unfathomable to actually witness it, to see it. For our generation, it’s very alien to see this in Europe. We’re all right behind you.” The Press Association originally reported William also suggested Britons were more used to seeing conflict in Africa and Asia—though footage released by ITV of the royal’s full comments suggested he in fact made no explicit reference to the two continents. However, some maintained their criticism of the duke based on the reference to war in Europe feeling “very alien.” King, the chief executive of the Martin Luther King Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, condemned the prince having seen the original, misleading account. She wrote on Twitter: “Horrific comment. European people ran roughshod over the continent of Africa, pillaging… Read full this story
- 'That's her legacy': White House slams Pelosi for tearing up State of the Union address as Nancy BRAGS to cheering Dems that 'Trump shredded the truth so I shredded his speech'
- Watch 'GMA' Host Lara Spencer Apologize for Her Comments About Boys and Ballet
- PSA was expected from 'autocratic' regime, says Mehbooba Mufti; Chidambaram slams govt
- Gayle King skips CBS This Morning to party with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after Kobe Bryant rape row
- How 'Geordie Lee' became 'The King of Dawlish': Sunderland drugs boss now starting 25 years behind bars fled north-east after threats from rival Mr Big to set up county lines ring in girlfriend's sleepy seaside hometown
- 'He is so, so sorry': Emotional parents of 'drunk' driver accused of killing four children on a footpath say their son has a 'good heart' - and reveal they lost their own daughter in tragic circumstances
- Did Golden Globes host Ricky Gervais go TOO far? Comedian jokes about Jeffrey Epstein and Prince Andrew as he eviscerates 'woke' Hollywood, telling stars: 'If ISIS started a streaming service, you'd call your agent'
- Game of Thrones’ George RR Martin reveals sick real life inspiration behind infamous Red Wedding massacre
- Fans accuse Farrah Abraham of leaving daughter, 10, alone and claim to contact CPS – but grandma denies rumors
- SFJazz Gala sings the praises of Mavis Staples
Prince William slammed by Martin Luther King's daughter for 'horrific comment' have 422 words, post on www.newsweek.com at March 10, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.