The besieged Ukraine government describes the Friday morning explosions heard in its capital as "horrific rocket strikes" as Russian forces push deeper into Ukraine. The second day of violence was set off by the blasts in Kyiv after Russian President Vladimir Putin ignored Western warnings by unleashing a full-scale ground invasion and air assault on the Ukraine government. The president of Ukraine said that the bombing has sadly claimed dozens of lives and displaced at least 100,000 people. In response, the United States and its allies imposed sanctions, but the Russian forces appeared intent on securing their advantage after a string of strategic victories on day one. U.S. President Biden's administration imposed sanctions on Russian elites and banks. The administration also stressed that American forces would not head to eastern Europe to fight in Ukraine. However, no sanctions have been imposed on President Vladimir Putin personally. Nato said it had activated "defence plans" for allied countries. NATO will not enter Ukraine However, Nato chief Jens Stoltenberg said there was no plan to send NATO forces into Ukraine. Among the highest-profile strategic developments, Russian forces seized the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, prompting concern from international nuclear watchdogs. Russian paratroopers wrested control… Read full this story
- Rocket strikes on United States in Iraq seen as message from Iran
- Behind the Ukraine Aid Freeze: 84 Days of Conflict and Confusion
- What is Earth Day? 2018 theme, date and importance of the environmental event
- Trump, Unbowed, Uses Rally to Strike Back Against Impeachment Vote
- Ukraine is bracing Itself for the return of damaged veterans
- Israel-Gaza conflict: Media building in Gaza collapses after Israeli airstrike as Palestinian rockets target Tel Aviv area
- Israel, Palestine Updates: Alarms sound in Tel Aviv as more rockets launched
- Sondland Says He Followed Trump’s Orders to Pressure Ukraine
- George Conway says "absolutely devastating" testimony proves Trump's Ukraine call was "perfectly impeachable"
- DHS Memo: Capitol Attackers Plotted in Advance
Ukraine Capitol Hammered By Rocket Strikes for 2 Days have 315 words, post on www.chiangraitimes.com at February 26, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.