Cryptocurrencies hog the spotlight, but blockchain's biggest innovations are below the surface, saving billions each year for the world's largest companies. Edited by Michael del Castillo and Matt Schifrin Reported by Maria Abreu , Nina Bambysheva , Justin Birnbaum , Lauren Debter , Michael del Castillo , Steven Ehrlich , Chris Helman , Katie Jennings , Jeff Kauflin , Javier Paz , Jon Ponciano , Marie Schulte-Bockum Y ou've come a long way, blockchain! Since our inaugural roundup of the Blockchain 50, published in 2019, the billion-dollar companies (minimum, by sales or market value) on our annual list have moved beyond test projects and now rely on "distributed ledger" technology to do serious work. A lot of the action is in the back office, verifying insurance claims or facilitating real estate deals. It has also become vital to supply chains, whether checking the provenance of conflict minerals like cobalt or tracking auto parts for Renault. Nearly half of the Blockchain 50 are based outside the United States; 14% are Chinese. New this year: venture capital firms, which as a group invested more than $32 billion in the sector in 2021. Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and ether grab all the headlines, especially… Read full this story
- COVID-19 Impact: FIFA cancels next year's U-17 women's World Cup in India, allots it 2022 edition
- Nearly 50% in Karnataka were infected with COVID-19 by August, shows sero survey
- 2022 Honda Civic Prototype Unveiled: Will It Come To India?
- Robots that analyse body language to determine guilt 'with 99% accuracy' will replace human judges in 50 years, expert claims
- 50 Cent Appears to Back Trump over Biden’s Tax Plan: ‘62% Are You Out of Ya F**king Mind (VOTE for TRUMP)’
- 2022 World Cup qualifying: Format, schedule, odds
- Why did Twitter owner’s payments firm buy Bitcoin worth $50 million?
- The Best Holiday Gift Ideas Under $50
- Ford Boosts F-150 EV Production By 50 Percent Due To Strong Interest
- Mayawati names new UP BSP chief, signals strategy for 2022 polls
Forbes Blockchain 50 2022 have 311 words, post on www.forbes.com at February 8, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.