CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz apologized Wednesday night after he angrily rejected any conversation connected to the franchise’s response when a player said he was sexually assaulted by an assistant coach. Wirtz made his remarks at a town hall. It was the first time the franchise's top leaders had faced questions in public since the team published a report by an outside law firm that found the organization badly mishandled Kyle Beach's allegations that he was assaulted by then-video coach Brad Aldrich during the team's run to the 2010 Stanley Cup title. "Tonight, at the Chicago Blackhawks town hall, my response to two questions crossed the line,” Wirtz said in a release. “I want to apologize to the fans and those reporters, and I regret that my response overshadowed the great work this organization is doing to move forward. We have the right leaders and right processes in place to create a safe environment for our employees and players." The town hall on a snowy night in Chicago was supposed to be the latest step in the franchise's work to repair its tattered reputation. But it was derailed by Wirtz’s response when a reporter tried to ask… Read full this story
- You’re Doing Apologies All Wrong
- Florida school massacre survivor David Hogg rejects Laura Ingraham's apology and says she should quit Fox News presenter role
- Visitors shocked by ‘nudist’ incident at Vale beach
- Facebook’s Apology Tour Just Raises More Questions
- Senegal World Cup 2018 squad reject Lord Sugar apology for 'racist' tweet
- New dog orders under consideration for Hartlepool beach and North Cemetery
- Plans for new dog order zones at Hartlepool beach and cemetery
- Attacker told man he repeatedly punched: 'That'll teach you for talking s**t about me'
- Let’s Talk About All Those Electric Scooters
- The Trump Brand Is Hurting. Just Ask Ivanka.
Blackhawks owner apologizes for response to Kyle Beach talk have 310 words, post on www.sfgate.com at February 2, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.