Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng. — VNA/VNS Photo HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam always opposes and does not accept all claims in the South China Sea that are inconsistent with international law, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (1982 UNCLOS), spokesperson of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Lê Thị Thu Hằng said late Friday. Việt Nam has repeatedly affirmed its consistent and clear viewpoint on East Sea disputes, both bilaterally and multilaterally, she noted. The spokesperson made the remarks while answering reporters' question regarding Việt Nam's response to a Limits in the Seas study recently released by the US Department of State. The study disputes four categories of China’s maritime claims in the South China Sea: sovereignty claims over maritime features that are submerged below the sea surface at high tide beyond lawful limits of any State’s territorial area; straight baselines enclosing various features within vast areas of open spaces in the sea; claims to internal waters, a territorial sea, an exclusive economic zone, and a continental shelf that are based on treating each claimed South China Sea island group "as a whole,” which is not permitted by international law; and finally, China’s… Read full this story
- Talks Begin Over Chinese Navy’s Seizure of a U.S. Navy Drone in South China Sea
- South China Sea row explodes as US warns Beijing to stop 'aggressive actions'
- Regional countries join chorus to show concern about South China Sea situation
- Vietnam reasserts sovereignty over South China Sea as China deploys airship to reef
- Philippine Supply Ship Dodges Chinese Blockade Cutter in South China Sea
- China Warns U.S. on Sovereignty Ahead of Hague Ruling on South China Sea
- New Pentagon chief commits support for PH in South China Sea
- China Asserts Sea Claim With Politics and Ships
- Việt Nam, Cambodia issues joint statement on occasion of President Phúc's visit
- Laos, Việt Nam stress int't law, ASEAN centrality in handling regional issues: Foreign ministers
Việt Nam opposes South China Sea claims inconsistent with international law: spokesperson have 338 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.