A survey by a software engineer recruitment company has found that three-quarters of developers want permanent remote-working arrangements, for at least part of the week. Two-thirds of them say they are more productive when working from home, and it appears that Apple's policy somewhat misses the mark for most … Background Most Apple corporate employees are working from home at present, with the company having given up on predicting when they will return to the office. Back in June of last year, CEO Tim Cook announced a hybrid work plan , in which employees would work from the office three days a week, with remote working available to most the other two. Following kickback from employees who wanted greater flexibility – including the option to work remotely five days a week – Cook was initially adamant that there would be no change to the policy . The company did later make one concession: allowing staff to work fully remotely for four weeks a year , up from the two weeks originally offered. Most software engineers want permanent remote working A survey of a thousand software engineers by recruitment company Terminal found that 75% of them wanted to work remotely on… Read full this story
- Apple is reportedly planning to make a big change to the App Store that follows in Microsoft's and Google's footsteps
- Lowe’s to hire 2,000 software engineers amid company overhaul
- Software engineers live in Jira. Can Atlassian help them love it?
- Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak talks legacy, comedy and his deepest fears
- A ton of Tesla employees are getting poached by Apple, which Elon Musk once called the 'Tesla graveyard' (AAPL, TSLA)
- 11 infuriating Apple glitches, and the best ways to cope with them
- You Need the Right Tech and the Right Culture for Your Remote Business to Succeed
- 7 things we learned about Apple's self-driving car project from the explosive FBI investigation into stolen trade secrets
- Kids Expect Apple To Meld Creativity And Education, Says Its Retail Chief
- How Much Does Your Remote Team Actually Need to Know?
Permanent remote working desired by most software engineers, as Apple sticks to two-day plan have 329 words, post on 9to5mac.com at January 14, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.