Minister of Foreign Affairs Bùi Thanh Sơn and Special Envoy of the United Nations Secretary General on Myanmar Noeleen Heyzer. — VNA/VNS Photo Lâm Khánh HÀ NỘI — Minister of Foreign Affairs Bùi Thanh Sơn held talks with Special Envoy of the United Nations Secretary General on Myanmar Noeleen Heyzer via videoconference from Hà Nội late Friday. Expressing concern over instability in Myanmar, both sides highlighted the urgent priority of ending violence, increasing humanitarian support for Myanmar citizens while promoting dialogue and trust to seek a peaceful and sustainable solution that suits the Myanmar people. Heyzer congratulated Việt Nam on accomplishing its role as ASEAN Chair 2020 and non-permanent member of the United Nations Security Council for 2020-21. She spoke highly of the bloc's efforts to seek a solution to the Myanmar issue, especially the implementation of the Five-Point Consensus, and wished to partner with ASEAN and ASEAN Chair's Special Envoy during the process. Sơn said that Việt Nam and ASEAN always considered Myanmar a member of the ASEAN family, so closely follows the situation and assists the country on the basis of respecting its independence, sovereignty and territorial integrity. He took note of efforts made by ASEAN and Việt Nam, including provision… Read full this story
- Iran's Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the US will 'pay' for their 'act of war' on Soleimani and warns Trump to be 'prepared for the consequences'
- US denies visa to Iran’s Foreign Minister ahead of UN Meeting
- US denies visa to Iran's Foreign Minister to attend UNSC meeting
- Iran's foreign minister mocks Pompeo as an 'arrogant clown' for claiming people were rejoicing the death of Soleimani after tens of thousands of Iraqi mourners turned out for his funeral
- US denies a visa for Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif to attend UN Security Council meeting in New York - as he warns America will get a 'definite answer for its arrogance'
- US denies visa to Iran’s foreign minister Javad Zarif, calls him a ‘propagandist’
- Spain names economics, trade expert as new foreign minister
- Breaking: U.S denies Iranian Foreign Minister visa to attend UN meeting
- Iran’s foreign minister calls Mike Pompeo an ‘arrogant clown’ after he claimed thousands celebrated death of Soleimani
- U.S.-Iran unrest | Indian, Iranian Foreign Ministers discuss Gulf tension
Foreign Minister receives Special Envoy of UN Secretary General on Myanmar have 390 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at January 15, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.