Apple Music is trolling Spotify by promoting Neil Young albums and playlists after the Canadian-American singer pulled all his music from Spotify over COVID-19 disinformation … Young was unhappy that Spotify allowed Joe Rogan to use his Spotify-hosted podcast to promote COVID-19 hoaxes, as Rolling Stone reported. Neil Young posted a since-deleted letter to his management team and record label demanding that they remove his music from Spotify. "I am doing this because Spotify is spreading fake information about vaccines – potentially causing death to those who believe the disinformation being spread by them," he wrote. "Please act on this immediately today and keep me informed of the time schedule." "I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform," he continued. "They can have [Joe] Rogan or Young. Not both." Young is referencing the steady stream of misinformation about vaccines that Joe Rogan has peddled on The Joe Rogan Experience. Last month, 270 doctors, physicians, and science educators signed an open letter asking Spotify to stop spreading Rogan's baseless claims. "With an estimated 11 million listeners per episode, JRE, which is hosted exclusively on Spotify, is the world's largest podcast and… Read full this story
- Musicians should feel free to use MacBooks to make music, no matter what Neil Young thinks
- Neil Young Talks Wild New Film ‘Paradox’ and Why Retirement Tours are ‘Bullshit’
- Why People Should Take Neil Young’s Subscription Success More Seriously
- This is Pono, the $399 high-end audio player Neil Young created
- From streaming to selfies – six things Taylor Swift taught the music industry
- Streaming spells the end of the 'ownership' era of music, but are we ready to let go?
- Looking for music online?
- 10 New Albums to Stream Now: ‘Sorry to Bother You,’ Vintage Live Dylan and More Editors’ Picks
- Paul Morley: ‘Pop belongs to the last century. Classical music is more relevant to the future’
- ‘What a star he would be today’: the extraordinary musical legacy of Sylvester
Apple Music trolls Spotify by promoting Neil Young albums and playlists have 336 words, post on 9to5mac.com at January 28, 2022. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.