No one is safe . That's the disturbing lesson of 2021, a year when every corner of the US was pounded by deadly weather disasters. A wicked winter storm descended on the middle of the country in February, bringing subfreezing temperatures to the typically temperate Texas, knocking out power and freezing people to death in their homes. In late June, people and animals were literally cooked to death in the Pacific Northwest, where temperatures shot up so high they rivaled those of California's Death Valley. An August rainstorm unleashed so much water in a single day that a small Tennessee town turned into a raging river, knocking homes, with people still in them, right off their foundations. A late-summer catastrophic hurricane, wielding strong winds and heavy rains, battered communities from the Gulf Coast to the East Coast . And, most recently, a string of rare December tornadoes whipped through communities nationwide, pulverizing anything in their way. "It was a really bad year," said Michael Wehner, a senior scientist at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California. He added, "We said that last year, and the year before, and the year before that. We've had a whole lot of bad years in… Read full this story
- 'OK Boomer!' New Zealand politician, 25, fires back at heckler with millennials' latest put-down when her climate change speech is interrupted in Parliament
- Joe Biden’s Energy Record Belies His Embrace of the Radical Climate Change Agenda
- Hurricane Florence is a climate change triple threat
- McKinsey: 8-13% of Asia GDP to be at risk from climate change by 2025
- Will Kamala Harris follow Al Gore's lead on climate change commitment?
- Red States Address Climate Change by Reframing the Debate
- Scientists fear climate change could bring back dormant viruses
- Heatwaves, fires, storms: Blame climate change for summer misery
- From malaria, dengue to zika, how climate change could expose new epidemics
- Climate Change Deniers Exploit Facebook Loophole to Spread Fake Science
“Baked From The Inside Out”: 2021 Proved Climate Change Is Here And It Is Deadly have 321 words, post on www.buzzfeednews.com at December 28, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.