Nanang Hendarsah (The Jakarta Post) PREMIUM Jakarta ● Mon, November 1, 2021 The current global financial trend has seen central banks hinting at pulling out of their easy money support in the face of mounting inflation pressures. Central banks in Brazil, Russia, Mexico, Chile and a vast number of East European emerging markets (EMs) have already raised policy rates and reduced asset purchasing programs sooner than anticipated, to rein in inflationary pressures to keep inflation expectations anchored. Inflation continues to rise in many EMs because of higher fuel and food prices, and supply chain disruptions interacting with a stronger economic rebound. At the same time, manufacturers and exporters are facing headwinds from supply chain disruption and surging freight and maritime costs. The risk is rising that ironing out supply-side wrinkles may take longer than the first half of next year. Hitherto, we see no signs that the increase of inflation in Indonesia is becoming broad-based across the economy. In Indonesia's annual Consumer Price Index (CPI), inflation only inched up to 1.60 percent in September, still considerably lower than the historical average. The prices increased mainly because of a faster rise in prices of housing, utilities and transport amid loosening… Read full this story
- Going skiing? Don’t let your holiday money go on a downhill slide too!
- 8 ways to instil healthy money attitude in your children
- 5 Easy Ways to Organize Your Life With Apple Notes
- Ash Barty to donate Brisbane International prize money to bushfire recovery
- Ed Miliband’s NHS plans risk losing the election, say Blair supporters
- Shipping Smartly: 5 Frugal Tips to Save Money When Shopping Online
- Is the Dominance of CBT-Lite Coming to an End?
- BBC Sound of 2020: Indescribable indie band Easy Life are the runners-up
- Who Needs Kindle? Fabrik is a Stylish eReader App for Android That Supports Cloud Sync
- Facebook's new fundraiser tool makes it easier for nonprofits to raise money
When will the easy money support end? have 307 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at November 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.