The U.S. envoy for Afghanistan will be continuing talks with the Taliban next week, State Department spokesman Ned Price said Tuesday . Tom West will be traveling to Afghanistan next week for two weeks of talks with Taliban leaders, according to Price. “They'll discuss … our vital national interests when it comes to Afghanistan,” Price said. ADVERTISEMENT “That includes counterterrorism, that includes safe passage for U.S. citizens and for Afghans to whom we have a special commitment, and that includes humanitarian assistance and the economic situation of the country,” he added. West has been the U.S.’s special representative for Afghan reconciliation for around six weeks, and before that, he served as the deputy to his predecessor in the role. He met with allies and separately with Taliban leaders earlier this month to discuss the situation in Afghanistan. Talks between the Taliban and the U.S. have occurred since August, when the Afghan government fell following the U.S. withdrawal from the country. The Taliban have implemented their own government, leaving other countries to contemplate how to provide aid to the Afghan people without directly supporting the Taliban. Price said the U.S. is focused on giving humanitarian assistance to the Afghan people, who are experiencing a food shortage and a drought. Earlier this… Read full this story
- Heisman contenders Dwayne Haskins, Tua Tagovailoa ‘talk every week’
- Jimmy Butler trade update: Heat interested in continuing talks for disgruntled Wolves star, per report
- NFL hits pause on new anthem policy as it continues talks with NFLPA to find 'solution'
- We continue to need the lessons of 9/11
- ‘Blast in Bombay doesn’t stop people from travelling in trains, it’s the same in Afghanistan’
- Who Said What: World reacts as the match between India and Afghanistan ends up in a tie
- Under 19 Asia Cup 2018: Afghanistan captain Rahmanullah Gurbaz confident of defending the title
- ICC gives go-ahead to Afghanistan Premier League
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Week 6: Childish arguments and Virginia puns
- Eight talking points from NRL Round 22
US envoy for Afghanistan to continue talks with Taliban next week have 330 words, post on thehill.com at November 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.