People attend a protest against the proposed changes to anti-terrorism and gagging laws, which police officers say will undermine their authority and jeopardize the safety of citizens, in Madrid, Spain, Nov. 27, 2021. (REUTERS) MADRID — Thousands of Spanish police officers marched through Madrid on Saturday to protest against a proposed reform of a security law that they say would hamper their ability to do their work. Politicians from Spain's three main conservative parties joined police officers in the protest against proposed changes to the 2015 Citizens Security Law, which critics say violates the right to protest and limits free expression. Dubbed the "Gag Law" by those who oppose it, the legislation allows authorities to fine media organizations for distributing unauthorized images of police, strictly limits demonstrations, and imposes heavy fines for offenders. Spain's leftist government has proposed reforms including no longer classifying the taking of photographs or making of recordings of police at demonstrations as a serious offense. Under the changes, police will also have to use less harmful materials at protests after a number of people were seriously injured by rubber bullets fired by officers. The time that suspects who are arrested at protests can be held in… Read full this story
- Anything you say publicly on Twitter can be used against you in a court of law
- Kashmir braces for Eid bloodshed amid summer of violent protests
- ‘Restore the Fourth’ anti-NSA protesters take their fight offline in NYC
- Traffic held at a standstill in Europe, as cab drivers protest Uber
- No wires, no laws, no limits: How a flying drone network could liberate the Internet from above
- Anonymous Arrests: How Do You Behead That Which Has No Head?
- Black Britain's darkest hour
- TECH TREK Apple Starts iPad Mini Production on the Sly
- Drones Coming to a Sky Near You
- PS4 Exclusive The Order: 1886 Gets a Bible Full of Intriguing Background Information and Pictures
Spanish police march in Madrid to protest against ‘Gag Law’ reform have 311 words, post on newsinfo.inquirer.net at November 28, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.