SINGAPORE – New restrictions have been placed on travellers from several African countries by the Ministry of Health (MOH) amid reports of a potentially more contagious variant of the Covid-19 virus circulating in that region. MOH said on Friday (Nov 26) that all travellers with recent travel history to Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and Zimbabwe will from 11.59pm on Saturday no longer be allowed to enter into or transit through Singapore. This also applies to those who have obtained prior approval for entry into Singapore as long as they have been in those countries in the last 14 days. Returning Singapore citizens and permanent residents will have to serve a 10-day stay-home notice at dedicated facilities. MOH said the new variant, called B.1.1.529, may be circulating in these seven countries, and scientists around the world are still finding out more about it. Singapore currently has no cases of this variant, it added. The latest moves are a change from current rules, where anyone who has been to Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia, and Zimbabwe are required to serve a 10-day stay-home notice at dedicated facilities. South Africa will also be placed into Category IV, similar to the above six countries. It is… Read full this story
- Balkan Route Effectively Closed as Countries Impose New Refugee Bans
- United States of Africa? African Union launches all-Africa passport
- Denmark's far-right wanted a Trump-style border barrier. It got a fence against wild boars instead.
- Factbox: Genocide case against Myanmar to be heard at highest U.N. court
- African Swine Fever 'Decimates N.Korean Pigs'
- U.S. says it will separate families crossing border illegally
- Video shows disoriented migrant boy's death inside Border Patrol cell
- Germany issuing travel bans to 18 Saudis over Khashoggi's death
- The ruthlessly effective rebranding of Europe’s new far right
- First refugees arrive from Hungary after Austria and Germany open borders
S'pore tightens border measures for travellers from 7 African countries; no cases of new Covid-19 variant here have 302 words, post on www.straitstimes.com at November 26, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.