Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg In a statement on Nov. 30, the Workers' Party announced that Sengkang GRC Member of Parliament (MP) Raeesah Khan has resigned from the party. This entails the resignation of her position as an MP. The Workers’ Party said that its Central Executive Committee (CEC) met at 8pm on Nov. 30 to deliberate and decide on the recommendation of the Disciplinary Committee, which was formed on Nov. 2 to investigate Khan’s admissions in Parliament. The Disciplinary Panel comprised Secretary-General Pritam Singh, Chair Sylvia Lim and Vice-Chair Faisal Manap. The party said that at 4:30pm today, Raeesah indicated to Singh her intention to resign from the party. She then attended the CEC meeting at 8pm and conveyed her intention to resign in person. A press conference will be held on Thursday (Dec. 2) for the party to provide more information on this matter. Future plans will also be shared to ensure that Sengkang residents, particularly in the Compassvale ward, continue to be cared for and represented, said the Workers’ Party. Raeesah also shared a copy of her letter of resignation addressed to Tan Chuan-Jin on Twitter: Background Raeesah had made a speech in Parliament… Read full this story
- Labour SUSPENDS Jeremy Corbyn after he DOWNPLAYS damning anti-Semitism report that found party 'harassed and discriminated against Jews' under him and instead blames his opponents for 'overstating the problem'
- Labour civil war 2.0: Union baron Len McCluskey leads hard-left revolt that could SPLIT the party after defiant Jeremy Corbyn was suspended for extraordinary statement dismissing anti-Semitism report
- Pakistan: Opposition parties protest against role of army in Pakistan's politics
- ‘Sacrifices won’t go in vain’: JP Nadda condoles BJP workers’ killings in J-K’s Kulgam
- Unrest in Pakistan: On movement against Imran Khan government
- Trump federal salary adviser resigns over order stripping worker protections
- ED grills Farooq for 6 hrs, Kashmir parties call it vendetta
- Parliament attack case: ATC acquits PM Imran Khan
- RJD VP, ex-Union minister Raghuvansh Prasad Singh quits party
- Sadiq Khan accuses Boris Johnson of ‘blatant lie’ over TfL
Raeesah Khan resigns from the Workers' Party have 337 words, post on mothership.sg at November 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.