Follow us on Telegram for the latest updates: https://t.me/mothershipsg The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) investigated claims about the current living conditions of migrant workers in the Westlite dormitory at Jalan Tukang in Jurong on Oct. 13 and found that there were delays in transporting positive Covid-19 cases to care or recovery facilities. This was after an article published on Chinese portal Weixin on Oct. 12, highlighting the scenes on the ground. The article first mentioned the alleged issues within the dormitory, including breaches of Covid-19 health protocols, workers’ inaccessibility to medical support, and poor quality of food. In response to Mothership ‘s queries, a MOM spokesperson said it is aware of the online article, and officers from MOM's Forward Assurance and Support Teams (FAST) were deployed to the dormitory on Oct. 13. The Singapore Police Force also responded to a call for assistance to the dormitory at about 12:55 pm that day. Claims made in the Chinese article The article on Weixin highlighted alleged complaints from migrant workers living in the dormitory. There were multiple screen shots of conversations by workers about the alleged breaches in Covid-19 health protocols, where confirmed Covid-19 cases were not isolated from other workers, but… Read full this story
- 'Everything is in chaos': night of violence reveals depths of Venezuela crisis
- 'Security has deteriorated': young Londoners pay price as city expands
- A to F+: Grading the Presidential Candidates on Their Labor Plans
- Pixel & Dimed On (Not) Getting By in the Gig Economy
- This Is What Happens When Millions Of People Suddenly Get The Internet
- Sheena Bora finally makes an appearance
- Why India is captured by carbon
- 'Yellow vest' anniversary: What happened to the movement that shook France?
Riot police at Jurong dorm: Workers upset over slow response to Covid-19 outbreak, poor food quality have 276 words, post on mothership.sg at October 30, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.