Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki on Monday said that concerns over a potential exit from the European Union , or “Polexit,” is “fake news,” the Associated Press reported. His comments came the day after mass protests took place nationwide over a government policy that critics warned could cause Poland to lose its position in the bloc. The demonstrations began after a top court, in a case set in motion by Morawiecki’s questioning of the bloc’s legislative supremacy over member nations, ruled that the Polish Constitution held authority over EU law. Morawiecki took to Twitter to call rumors of Poland leaving the union a “harmful myth” and said that all of the country’s commitments designated by EU law “remain in force,” the AP reported. The “Union is too serious a Community to be taken into the realm of fairly tales,” Morawiecki tweeted Monday. “It is a place of mutual benefits, but also of real challenges to all the Union nations.” For more reporting from the Associated Press, see below. Poland’s right-wing government has repeatedly clashed with the EU over its policies, mainly in the justice sector, and insists the 27-member bloc needs adjustments. The head of Poland’s influential Roman Catholic Episcopate… Read full this story
- Maharashtra Assembly Speaker Patole asks Prime Minister to scrap farm laws, threatens protest
- BJP MLC would be happy to see Siddaramaiah as Prime Minister
- Polexit crisis: Huge pro-EU protest planned in Warsaw as Poles call on Brussels crackdown
- PSP member asked to correct post in 1st use of fake news law
- Fumio Kishida to be Japan's new prime minister
- Fox News’ John Roberts Defends CNN After Trump Refuses Question from ‘Fake News’
- Tunisia's first woman prime minister raises spirits despite power grab
- Mamata blames Jharkhand, DVC for Bengal flood, warns of massive protest
- Armenia's Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan accuses military chiefs of 'attempted coup'
Polish prime minister calls "Polexit" fake news day after massive protests have 305 words, post on www.newsweek.com at October 11, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.