Vietnam's tuna exports to EU see strong surge thanks to EVFTA Vietnam exported 15,870 tonnes of tuna worth 73.33 million USD to the European Union in the first half of 2021, up 39.3 percent and 31.6 percent, respectively, against the same period last year, according to a journal published by the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT). The tuna shipments accounted for about 15.1 percent of Vietnam's total seafood export value to the EU. In the second quarter of 2021, the country shipped 9,360 tonnes of tuna to this market, raking in 45.05 million USD, up 43.9 percent in volume and 59.3 percent in value from the previous quarter. The surges were attributed to tariff reductions granted to Vietnam's tuna products under the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), which took effect on August 1, 2020. According to the MoIT, Vietnamese tuna was sold at 4.62 USD per kg on average to the EU in the first six months of the year, down 0.27 percent year on year. The global tuna prices have been declining on the back of weakening demand of canned tuna during the period. Significant growth was seen in a number of EU markets, including Poland which recorded… Read full this story
- Vietnam team close to world top 100
- Vietnam placed above Thailand in Asian Cup 2019 seed pots
- Commissioners OK $25 million in bonds for Spokane Sportsplex
- Florida’s small businesses need more skilled workers, survey says
- Mark Dreyfus on spying revelations: 'The media has a job to publish news'
- Techcombank Ironman 70.3 Vietnam to take place in Danang
- Play explores truth behind Jane Fonda's Vietnam photo
- Vietnam to compete at Fencing Grand Prix
- Football for Friendship 2018 kick-starts in Vietnam
- Nam beats Korean player in first round of Vietnam F2 Futures
VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS SEPTEMBER 25 have 273 words, post on vietnamnet.vn at September 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.