R. Kelly , the multiplatinum R&B artist whose musical legacy became intertwined with dozens of accusations of sexual abuse, was found guilty on Monday of serving as the ringleader of a decades-long scheme to recruit women and underage girls for sex. The jury in New York deliberated for about nine hours before convicting the singer of all nine counts against him, including racketeering and eight violations of an anti-sex trafficking law known as the Mann Act. The decision represents the first criminal punishment against Mr. Kelly despite a trail of allegations of misconduct that extends for more than a quarter-century. His six-week trial exposed a harrowing system of trauma and abuse, commanded by the singer and enabled by his associates. Mr. Kelly , 54, once one of the biggest names in popular music , now faces the possibility of life in prison, capping a remarkable reversal of fortune. As the verdict was read, he sat motionless in the courtroom, wearing a navy blue suit and glasses, with his facial expression hidden behind a mask. To many observers, Mr. Kelly 's case represented a critical test of the inclusivity of the Me Too movement, which seeks to hold influential and powerful… Read full this story
- R. Kelly cancelled: What to do with art made by predatory men?
- John Legend is only artist to speak out against R Kelly in Lifetime documentary: 'He brought so much pain to so many people'
- Almost 1,700 priests and clergy accused of sex abuse are unsupervised
- How R Kelly 'hung out at high schools to meet girls and admitted getting Aaliyah in trouble' when the teenage singer got 'pregnant': Accusers tell how the Bump N' Grind hitmaker sexually abused them in shocking documentary
- Michael Jackson sex abuse allegations: Boycotts are 'ludicrous,' says ethics professor
- Abuse of Faith: Investigation reveals 700 victims of Southern Baptist sexual abuse over 20 years
- Australian nightclub promoters accused of cocaine possession are moved to Bali's toughest prison - as they plead for leniency and say they are drug addicts
- Beyonce's father Mathew Knowles claims the music industry 'only looked at the professional side of R. Kelly and not his personal business’ as he addresses his sexual abuse allegations
- Child abusers become 21st member of Asian sex gang to be jailed as two are sentenced for sexually exploiting girl groomed from age of 11 and snatched from children's home by her abusers
- Aaliyah's mother accuses back-up singer of lying about seeing then-15-year-old having sex with R Kelly
R. Kelly Is Convicted of All Counts After Decades of Accusations of Abuse have 404 words, post on www.nytimes.com at September 27, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.