Share to Twitter Share to Linkedin Topline Moderna released an array of clinical data on its coronavirus vaccine Wednesday showing it remains highly effective at preventing serious illness and death from "variants of concern," including the hyper-infectious delta variant, but its efficacy at protecting against breakthrough infections does appear to decrease over time. Key Facts The vaccine proved 96% effective against Covid-19 hospitalization and 87% effective in preventing infection in a study of more than 700,000 individuals—half fully vaccinated, half unvaccinated—at Kaiser Permanente Southern California, the company said, noting the delta variant made up 47% of the cases among vaccinated individuals. The company also highlighted a recent study by the CDC of more than 33,000 medical encounters in nine states which found the Moderna vaccine to be more effective than others, with 95% efficacy against hospitalization and 92% efficacy against urgent care and emergency visits from Covid-19 (the delta variant was the dominant variant during this time). While the vaccine prevents nearly all severe illness and death from Covid-19, Moderna published a preprint study on Wednesday, which has not yet been peer reviewed, finding a lower rate of breakthrough infections among people vaccinated this year compared to last year. Looking… Read full this story
- Amid flurry of new cancer drugs, how many offer real benefits?
- Delta Air Lines is banning emotional support animals on flights over 8 hours
- Delta Warns: No More Comfort Hedgehogs on Flights
- From airlines to pizza parlors, EU businesses adopt data law
- Hong Kong Airlines upholds high safety standards winning at HKIA Airport Safety Recognition Scheme
- Technology in Motion: CinemaCon 2017 unveils exciting new innovations
- What effect do tolls have on I-66 after six months?
- Heading Skiing this Easter? Insurance tips to keep you and your family protected
- Is it already time to expand Sacramento International Airport?
- Emails: GOP focused on protecting Walberg; court rejects trial delay
Moderna Vaccine Highly Effective Against Delta—But Protection Against Infection May Wane Over Time, New Data Suggests have 300 words, post on www.forbes.com at September 15, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.