With the Pac-12, Big Ten, and ACC announcing their alliance on Tuesday, it's starting to look like College Football Playoff expansion won't happen as quickly as some fans might like. SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey responded to the sudden reservations about playoff expansion on Wednesday. The commissioners of those three conferences were rather non-committal when it came to how they feel about expanding the playoff to 12 teams. Some believe that the Pac-12, Big Ten, and ACC don't want the SEC to dominate a 12-team playoff field with the additions of Texas and Oklahoma. Sankey was asked about that on 'The Paul Finebaum Show,' and he was quick to point out that the SEC was not the league that took the lead on pushing for playoff expansion. Having said that, Sankey is in favor of being very deliberate in adding teams to the College Football Playoff field. "We're here because presidents on the CFP Board of Managers very clearly said, and by the way it wasn't the Southeastern Conference presidential representative, 'We want to see that format, and we want to see it now,'" Sankey said. "Now here we are, and I look forward to the conversation. I watched yesterday to… Read full this story
- Will College Football Playoff Title Game Be Postponed Because of Ohio State COVID Cases?
- College Football Playoff releases makeup dates for event
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Expect Alabama And Clemson To Meet In The Title Game
- DeVonta Smith named AP college football player of the year
- 2020 AP college football All-Americans: Alabama’s Mac Jones, DeVonta Smith, Najee Harris lead 6 Tide
- ESPN's Greg McElroy unable to call Cotton Bowl, Rose Bowl
- Ryan Day responds to Dabo Swinney's coaches poll ranking for OSU
- Dabo Swinney details beef with Ohio State's Playoff ranking
- Justin Fields, Ryan Day comment on QB's injury vs. Clemson
- LOOK: Najee Harris humbly responds to soccer star's shoutout
Greg Sankey responds to alliance's comments on College Football Playoff have 322 words, post on 247sports.com at August 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.