New Delhi : The apex child rights body National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) in a study revealed that 59.2 per cent of children use their smartphones for instant messaging applications and only 10.1 per cent of kids like to use smartphones for online learning and education. “Around 59.2 per cent children use their smartphones/internet devices for `chatting` (using WhatsApp/Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat). While only 10.1 per cent of children like to use smartphones for online learning and education,” the study read. Titled as the ‘Effects (Physical, Behavioural and Psycho-social) of using Mobile Phones and other devices with Internet Accessibility by Children, the study says that 30.2 per cent of children of all age groups have their own smartphones. The report states, “It is also interesting to note that 30.2 per cent of the children of all age groups (8 to 18 years) already possess their own smartphones and use the same for all purposes.” Surprisingly, 37.8 per cent of 10-year-olds have a Facebook account, and 24.3 per cent of the same age group has an Instagram account. The trend line of the percentage of children using their own smartphones has shown a steep rise from the age of 13 years… Read full this story
- 10 Free Online Advent Calendars for Adults and Children
- YouTube to stop showing targeted ads on videos aimed at kids
- 5 popular Windows 10 settings tweaks you need to quit using
- Ban cartoon characters from food packaging aimed at children, say campaigners as 'more than HALF of kids' products that use the tactic are too high in fat, sugar or salt'
- Screen time v play time: what tech leaders won't let their own kids do
- 5 Reasons Your Kids Shouldn’t Use the After School App
- The majority of 11-year-olds own smartphones. And experts are worried
- A safer internet and the stupid things we do online
- Addiction, Quantified: How I Measured My Smartphone Usage For A Week
- Study shows 80% medical students feel low sense of personal achievement
Over 59 per cent of kids use smartphones for messaging, only 10.1 per cent for online learning: NCPCR study have 312 words, post on zeenews.india.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.