LIONEL MESSI will wake up on international duty in Brazil this morning unemployed and knowing there is no weekly £2.4million pay cheque on the way. That is because his Barcelona contract expired at midnight meaning he is now a free agent. Messi’s most-recent deal, signed in November 2017, ran until June 30, 2021. And with a new deal yet to be confirmed then announced, he now does not have a contract with the club he joined 7,478 days earlier aged 13 in 2001. That technically opens the door for any club to sign him for free immediately. However, it is widely accepted captain Messi will put pen to paper on fresh terms for two year s at the Nou Camp very soon and continue his legacy with the LaLiga giants. Barca president Joan Laporta called for ‘calm’ among supporters, telling them ‘don’t worry’. He added: “We want Lionel Messi to stay and Leo wants to stay. “Everything is on track. “We have the issue of Financial Fair Play, we are in the process of finding the best solution for both parties.” FREE BETS: GET OVER £2,000 IN NEW CUSTOMER DEALS Most read in Football Live Blog TRANSFER NEWS LIVE Messi… Read full this story
- Salem Health, Regence contract negotiations unsuccessful as end nears
- After 'anti-trafficking' raids, New Orleans strippers are fighting back
- Unemployment rate in southern Alberta below 4 per cent
- Messi's free-kick magic keeps Barca top
- China moon rover 'Jade Rabbit' wakes from 'nap'
- Teen suicide: Salem tackles taboo subject in wake of Sprague crisis
- Sandy Levin still fighting over new NAFTA, GM cuts and trade
- Wildfires deadliest on record in California with 31 killed
- Cardiff boss Warnock welcomes distraction from 'traumatic week'
- LAFC enters first offseason with higher expectations
Lionel Messi wakes up unemployed as Barcelona contract officially expires with new deal still unannounced have 275 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 1, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.