IPL VS TEST CRICKET by Rob Johnston • Last updated on Share Tweet The scheduling means that a few England players could miss the opening Test against New Zealand at Lord’s © BCCI Head coach Chris Silverwood has confirmed that the England players taking part in the IPL will stay for the whole tournament which means that if any are involved in the final stages, they are almost certain to miss the opening Test against New Zealand at Lord’s which begins on June 2. The IPL schedule was confirmed on Sunday (March 7) with the play-offs taking place on May 25, 26 and 28 and the final set for May 30, all at the Narendra Modi Cricket stadium in Ahmedabad. England’s two-Test series against New Zealand, recently ranked the world’s number one team until India pipped them, begins at Lord’s just two days after the IPL final. Of the 13 English players who will be playing in the IPL, seven were selected in the Test squad for parts of the series against Sri Lanka and India. There is a reluctance within the ECB to go back on an agreement made with the players that they are allowed to play the… Read full this story
- Ashley Giles says England player wellbeing will be monitored closely amid coronavirus
- Rohit Sharma injury debacle: Should we get used to players prioritising IPL over bilateral series?
- IPL 2020: This ex-Indian cricketer wants Chennai Super Kings to release MS Dhoni
- No Australian players in Women's T20 Challenge
- England 0-1 Denmark: Three Lions pay penalty after Maguire red
- A victory for England, and a victory for the IPL
- IPL 2020: Was prepared to do anything to come and play in UAE, says Delhi Capitals' Alex Carey
- Pat Cummins believes bio bubble in IPL helped him for India series because of this critical reason
- Trent Boult says living inside bio-secure bubble is a sacrifice for a player
- Mark Boucher focused on 'care factor' after three South Africa players forced to self-isolate
England players will stay back for IPL playoffs if needed: Silverwood have 319 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at July 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.