In California , 12% of adults say they will not get vaccinated, according to UCLA Center for Health Policy Research study. When one pairs that with the roughly 16% of the population under 13 years old who cannot get the vaccine and also those adults who are ineligible due to health issues, it seems about 25% of the state's population may not get vaccinated any time soon. That's a troubling prospect, since most infectious disease experts put herd immunity at between 70% and 85% of the population being vaccinated. If 25% will not get vaccinated, then the ceiling for vaccinations in the state is already on the low end of that projected range. Newsom has been asked every day this week about surging Covid numbers in the state and the possibility for renewed restrictions. His answers has been uniform. He has stressed the state has no plans for new restrictions, proposing the following instead: "Get vaccinated. We can end this thing quickly. If everybody got vaccinated we could end this thing in a month or so." State officials also pointed out that, for the week of July 7-14, the average case rate among unvaccinated Californians is 13 per 100,000 and… Read full this story
- Study prompts call to examine flu vaccine and miscarriage
- Water births are just as SAFE as usual deliveries as study finds the method Meghan Markle wanted for Archie causes fewer vaginal tears
- NATO Superiority Over Russia Has 'Eroded,' Forcing Alliance to Create New Strategy, U.S. General Says
- Have you found meaning in life? People who say they have a sense of purpose live longer, study suggests
- Gavin Newsom, John Cox to face off in fall CA governor’s race
- Opponents Drop Bid To Block California Vaccination Law
- Trump wants high-speed-rail money back as confusion spreads about Newsom’s plan
- What happens if you skip your flu vaccine? This VR game shows you the deadly consequences
- Why are so many Italians against vaccines?
- Families are set to sue New York City over mandatory measles vaccine order: Lawyer says the move and threat of $1,000 fine is unlawful - but public health experts say it could swing either way in the Supreme Court
25% Of Californians May Not Get Vaccinated, Says Study; Puts Newsom’s Victory By Vaccination Strategy At Risk have 354 words, post on deadline.com at July 25, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.