KOTA KINABALU: Security forces in Sabah’s east coast continue to play a game of cat and mouse as illegal immigrants continue to attempt to sneak in using backdoor routes. However, three Indonesians who managed to slip into Tawau from neighbouring Kalimantan were caught inside a car with their local agent at Kg Hidayat along Jalan Apas about 6km from the town at around 5.30am Saturday (June 12). Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) Commander Deputy Comm Datuk Ahmad Fuad Othman said the three people – two men and a woman – had admitted coming from Indonesia’s Sungai Pancung (Kalimantan) and entered the sea route into the district. He said the local man who had provided the transport was also arrested and his car was also seized and the suspects, aged between 25 and 57, would be investigated under the Immigration Act. In another arrest, Tawau Marine police detained nine illegal immigrants who were being kept at a safe house at Kampung Tawau Lama during a raid at round 5.05am on Saturday. Tawau Marine police chief Deputy Supt Mohd Nazari Ismail said they believed that the suspects had entered the district illegally. Tawau is Sabah’s worst hit district in terms of Covid-19… Read full this story
- Malaysia's Sabah state reports spike in new COVID-19 cases with cluster involving detainees
- Metro stations in red zones not likely to open on Day 1
- As Lockdown in Nazareth Looms, Resident Says COVID-19 Spike was Caused by Carelessness
- EXCLUSIVE: Have Louis Vuitton luggage, will flout COVID rules: How Melbourne's rich are illegally flying out of Victoria on private jets - dodging quarantine and risking an outbreak
- Naturally the best! A VERY hairy spider and fire-ravaged rainforest are named as some of the top entries for the 2020 Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest
- Red Line metro trains to start running today
- From red carpet to real life...SUSANNA REID: Am I the only one baffled by the new back to school rules?
- South China Sea: China slams US over 'illegal sanctions'
- France's Macron says he set red lines with Turkey in eastern Mediterranean
- Delhi Metro resumes services with strict safety measures after 169-day COVID hiatus
Three Indonesians nabbed for illegal entry into Sabah’s Covid-19 red zone of Tawau have 348 words, post on www.thestar.com.my at June 12, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.