Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk is warning Queenslanders to reconsider travel to Greater Sydney after New South Wales recorded two locally acquired COVID-19 cases. Key points: Anyone who has visited a NSW exposure site should cancel travel plans to Queensland immediately Queensland is set to implement a traffic light travel system for all arrivals Travel restrictions with Greater Melbourne have been extended for another seven days The state’s chief health officer last night announced that anyone in Queensland who has visited a New South Wales exposure site was now required to immediately quarantine. The direction was made as a widespread contact tracing effort continues in the southern state to trace the source of infection in a man from Sydney’s eastern suburbs. “New cases appearing in the community in New South Wales and Victoria show why we can never let our guard down when it comes to the pandemic,” she said. Ms Palaszczuk has also extended restrictions on travel from Greater Melbourne for another seven days. She said the restrictions will be reviewed when the Victorian Government ease their remaining restrictions. ‘We need to be vigilant’ Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said anyone who had been to a New South Wales exposure site and was planning to come… Read full this story
- Fresh hope for missing Belgian Theo Hayez's family as compatriot backpacker, 22, who vanished in Sydney is miraculously FOUND
- Best places to visit in Australia: What's too good to miss
- The Australian destination named as one of the top places in the world you MUST visit by Lonely Planet for 2020 - so what makes it so special?
- 'I was terrified I was going to die without showing her the world': How a single mum quit her corporate job to go travelling full-time with her daughter because her long hours meant she hardly ever saw her
- Backpacker warns of German 'conman' called 'Jim' living in Mount Isa who told her he had 'inactive sperm' and then dumped her when she fell pregnant
- Donald Trump: I'll release tax returns after audit
- 'Why keep us in the dark, why add more pain?' Harry Dunn's parents are furious as it emerges Foreign Office 'told police to delay telling them that US spy's wife Anne Sacoolas had fled the UK following tragic crash'
- 'What sort of people can put others into a container and let them die?': Family of 'youngest death truck victim', 19, beg for her body to be returned home after they clubbed together to pay smugglers £8,000 for her new life in Britain
- As the city celebrates 30 years since the fall of the Wall, veteran broadcaster JEREMY PAXMAN revisits its historic sights and now declares... You’ll fall for Berlin
- British Army reject, 28, who went to Syria to fight ISIS after authorities returned his passport weeps as he is convicted of terror offence
Queenslanders told to reconsider visiting Sydney as COVID travel declarations set to return have 463 words, post on www.abc.net.au at June 17, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.