Some artifacts were discovered at the excavation of the Luy Lâu relic in 2018. VNS Photo Thanh An Luy Lâu, a line of ancient ceramics from the northern province of Bắc Ninh’s Thuận Thành District is reviving its historical, cultural and artistic values after many ups and downs, even facing the risk of disappearing as many master artisans pass away. The traditional pottery line features the ancient royal era dating back 2,000 years, helping present generations understand the talent and ingenuity of their forefathers through the unique culture that once flourished in the Dâu area in Bắc Ninh. Luy Lâu pottery is known as aristocratic as it is associated with the name of an ancient Vietnamese citadel — the Luy Lâu — during the northern Chinese domination period in the old land called Dâu in the 2nd century. The old land located on the bank of the Đuống River, now belongs to Thuận Thành District, Bắc Ninh Province. Field excavations conducted in 2016 in Thuận Thành showed that the Luy Lâu Citadel was the country’s largest and oldest centre of politics, economics, trade, culture, and religion. Here lie the ancient Luy Lâu ramparts with the relics of the once splendid pagodas, residences and monuments. A conclusion was drawn from the preliminary report conducted by archaeologists from… Read full this story
- Lost ‘Foreign’ Neighborhood Discovered at Ancient Maya City of Tikal
- Paintings transform history of Vietnamese art
- The best Greek beaches for a half term escape as travel restrictions ease – with packages from £100pp
- Strictly’s Motsi Mabuse says ‘I was told I’d never make it because black people are lazy – I showed THEM’
- Who is Agatha Harkness? The MCU villain's comic book history explained ahead of her WandaVision spinoff show
- Hottest new restaurants and takeaways in Delhi right now
- Hanoi: Innovative souvenir to promote tourism
- What did people use before toilet paper was invented?
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 3
- Calling time: Book celebrates Wales' historic pubs
Luy Lâu ceramics feature the soul of an ancient citadel have 335 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at June 27, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.