Published 4 days ago Share close Share page Copy link About sharing Related Topics Tigray crisis Dozens of people have reportedly been killed or injured after Ethiopia’s air force bombed a market in the northern region of Tigray. Eyewitnesses told the BBC the Ethiopian air force struck the town of Togoga on Tuesday, 25km (15 miles) from the region’s capital, Mekelle. The Ethiopian military denied targeting civilians, saying it carried out the strikes to neutralise “terrorists”. Tigrayan rebel forces are said to have made advances in recent days. However, this has been denied by the Ethiopian government. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said it helped evacuate the wounded. Meanwhile, the UN called on Ethiopia to investigate the reported air strike. Thousands of people have been killed and millions displaced after conflict erupted almost eight months ago. What happened in the strikes? A medical doctor at Mekelle’s main Aider hospital told the BBC that at least 60 people were killed and more than 40 were injured. There are fears the numbers will increase further. Doctors say they are treating dozens of people, including a two-year-old child left injured by the air strike. Medical personnel told Reuters the Ethiopian… Read full this story
- Tigray crisis worsening with no withdrawal of Eritrean troops in sight: UN
- Tigray crisis dents Ethiopia's emerging image
- Myanmar seeks murder, treason charges against protest leader; air strikes in east
- Thousands mourn Chad's Deby, rebels say their command hit by air strike
- Thousands flee to Thailand after Myanmar army's air strikes on villages
- About 3,000 people flee to Thailand after Myanmar army's air strikes
- Myanmar army launches air strikes in Karen state, group says
- Rebel group says more than 12,000 displaced by Myanmar junta air strikes
- Fact check: Are other nations involved in the war in Tigray?
- Ethiopia’s Tigray Conflict Strips Children of Protection, Education, Nutrition, UNICEF Says
Ethiopia's Tigray crisis: Heavy casualties reported after air strike have 302 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.