Customers buy gold at Phú Quý gold shop in Hà Nội. VNA/VNS Photo Trần Việt HÀ NỘI — Việt Nam is the largest gold market in Southeast Asia, according to a recent study of the World Gold Council (WGC). The WGC also announced the country among the top 10 markets in the world, saying consumer demand for gold in Việt Nam reached 39.8 tonnes in 2020, higher than the demand of 37.6 tonnes in Indonesia and 9.4 tonnes in Singapore. The study of 2,000 local investors in March last year also said gold is the top asset class for 68 per cent of Vietnamese investors while the outlook for the precious metal was positive, adding 81 per cent of people who bought gold considered buying more. The average rate for buying more gold is 45 per cent globally. According to the WGC, demand for gold in Viet Nam is still very high as Vietnamese people believe gold helps fight inflation and currency fluctuations, helping investors feel secure in the long run. At the same time, new demand for gold also arises by buying gold on digital platforms or through available channels such as a bank. In the study, 76 per cent of respondents were… Read full this story
- US urban planning, architecture firm eyes Viet Nam’s burgeoning property market
- Viet Nam’s exports surge in four months despite pandemic
- Viet Nam's biggest bookstore chain sees big COVID-19 impact
- Foreign media hails Viet Nam’s economic development
- Viet Nam offers tremendous investment opportunities: VinaCapital CEO
- Local company to produce made-in-Viet Nam wind power system
- How will global economy and Viet Nam move ahead amid COVID-19 challenges?
- Việt Nam’s exports surge in four months despite pandemic
- How will global economy and Việt Nam move ahead amid COVID-19 challenges?
- Việt Nam's industrial production rises 9.4 per cent in five months
Việt Nam is region's largest gold market: WGC have 300 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.