SRI LANKA’S TOUR OF WEST INDIES, 2021 by Cricbuzz Staff • Last updated on Share Tweet Shanaka missed his first T20I assignment in-charge as the team’s new captain. © Getty Dasun Shanaka, Sri Lanka’s T20I skipper, will travel via France to the West Indies on March 7 (Sunday) to link up with the ODI squad. The all-rounder was unable to travel with the rest of the squad to the Caribbean last month for the three-match T20I series owing to US transit visa issues. “Shanaka did not travel with the team due to a visa issue he confronted, pursuant to the loss of his previous passport, which had a valid visa for the USA stamped on it,” Sri Lanka Cricket release said. The T20I series, which was due to be Shanaka’s first as Sri Lanka’s full-time new captain, kicked off on March 3 with Angelo Mathews filling in as stand-in captain. Shanaka, who took over from Lasith Malinga as Sri Lanka’s captain in the shortest format, has previously led the side in Pakistan in 2019, with the side clean-sweeping the series 3-0. Sri Lanka currently trail 0-1 in the series with the remainder of the two games to be played over… Read full this story
- TUI’s Marella Cruises launch new UK staycation cruises for summer from £418 per person
- HBO Max: Mortal Kombat release time and everything else to know
- Tribeca Fest Unveils Shorts Selection; In-Person Screenings; Blondie To Perform Live After ‘Blondie: Vivir En La Habana’
- Coronavirus digest: India records world's highest daily rise in infections
- Chloe Zhao, the Chinese director reinventing US cinema
- ‘Most compelling’ UFO vid shows mystery craft split in two at 120mph as 55 scientists demand Senate release secret data
Shanaka set to travel to West Indies for ODIs have 284 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.