Major General Ranjan Mahajan on Monday took over as the additional director general of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Directorate for the union territories of Jammu and Kashmir, and Ladakh, a defence spokesman said. Maj Gen Mahajan is an alumnae of the Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, and was commissioned in the Rajputana Rifles Regiment in December 1987, he said. The general has served in varied terrains and holds multiple military qualifications. He also attended many prestigious courses of the army, the spokesman said. In his 34 years of distinguished service, the major general has tenanted prestigious command and staff assignments, including tenures in active operational areas, he said. “He commanded a battalion and an infantry brigade in the counter insurgency area of the Northern Sector. He was general officer commanding of a division in the Western Sector before taking over the present appointment. For his illustrious career and devotion to duty he was awarded the Sena Medal in the year 2007,” the spokesman said. The officer assumes the appointment at a time when the NCC is undergoing a paradigm shift in its focus where in youths from border areas of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh are being enrolled into the corps… Read full this story
- Zaira Wasim talks Kashmir, says there is a 'false and uneasy semblence' of calm in the state
- Exclusive | Five months later, government invites diplomat delegation to Jammu and Kashmir
- Show some love, take a romantic 'shikara' ride in Kashmir this summer
- Army's Goodwill Schools in Kashmir Are ‘Preventive Radicalisation Camps’ Says CDS Bipin Rawat After Row
- With CAA, Article 370 volleys, PM Modi takes aim at Opposition
- Jammu and Kashmir: 2 militants, 1 CRPF jawan killed in gunbattle near Srinagar
- Lt Gen (r) Kidwai warns India not to take Pakistan's nuclear capability as a 'bluff'
- PIL seeks stay on Shikara release, Vidhu Vinod Chopra says their lawyer ‘will take appropriate steps’
- LeT, Hizb terrorists, CRPF jawan killed in gunbattle near Srinagar
- Terrorists are using this new technology to infiltrate in India
Maj Gen Ranjan Mahajan Takes Over as ADG of NCC Directorate for Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh have 321 words, post on www.news18.com at May 24, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.