The number of tourists arriving in Sam Son Beach on the occasion of Reunification Day (April 30) and Labour Day (May 1) have decreased due to concern over COVID-19 pandemic. (Photo baothanhhoa.vn) Hanoi – Concerns over COVID-19 forced Nguyen Thuy Quynh from Hanoi to cancel her family trip to the north central province of Thanh Hoa for the Reunification Day (April 30) and Labour Day (May 1) holiday which lasted four days from April 29 to May 2. Quynh said she had booked a hotel for her family near Sam Son beach two weeks ago but decided to postpone the trip. "We decided to stay at home on the holiday for my family's safety," she told Viet Nam News, adding that her mother is now 74 years old and vulnerable to COVID-19 infection. Quynh was among thousands of Vietnamese tourists who cancelled trips due to worries about new community infections. Nguyen Gia Son, the owner of a hotel in Thanh Hoa City's Le Van Huu Street, said 70 percent of tourists cancelled their bookings. Many hotels in the city faced a similar situation, he said. According to Thanh Hoa Province's Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, as many as 374,000… Read full this story
- Unpalatable truth about your supermarket duck - Raised 10,000 to a shed with no water to paddle in... after an outbreak of bird flu, we reveal why the RSPCA hasn't approved ANY farm behind the booming food trend
- Central region introduces priority tourism investment wish-list
- Paradise under threat: Is Mother Nature limiting West Coast's tourism potential?
- Kerala Tourism to woo more domestic tourists
- China expects tourism shift from U.S., Australia to Asia for Lunar New Year
- Sensex, Nifty hit fresh record highs on hopes of more govt reforms
- Health expert warns there 'will probably be human cases' of bird flu as Defra confirms duck farm outbreak is same strain as in Germany and Netherlands
- TUI Group confident on earnings as it sidesteps tourism sector's woes
- Jeanne Guillemin, social anthropologist who traced the history of a deadly anthrax outbreak – obituary
- The future of Gaza: from city under siege to world tourism hub?
Fresh COVID-19 outbreak dents tourism industry have 346 words, post on www.vir.com.vn at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.