Amazon founder and longtime CEO Jeff Bezos issued his final letter to shareholders on Thursday before stepping down as head of the company. Bezos will leave his post in the third quarter and transition to executive chairman of Amazon ‘s board. Andy Jassy, the CEO of Amazon Web Services, will replace Bezos as CEO of the company. In his final letter to shareholders, Bezos outlined a broad vision for the company’s future, including pledging to improve safety and quality for its employees, and focusing on climate change issues. Bezos also discussed the company’s growth and success of creating $1.6 trillion in shareowner wealth since it was first founded as a bookstore in 1997. Read Bezos’ full letter to shareholders below: To our shareowners: In Amazon’s 1997 letter to shareholders, our first, I talked about our hope to create an “enduring franchise,” one that would reinvent what it means to serve customers by unlocking the internet’s power. I noted that Amazon had grown from having 158 employees to 614, and that we had surpassed 1.5 million customer accounts. We had just gone public at a split-adjusted stock price of $1.50 per share. I wrote that it was Day 1. We’ve come… Read full this story
- ‘Who Is Bezos?’ US Student Asks as Amazon CEO Stands Next to Him
- Jeff Bezos Cashes in $1.8 Billion of Amazon Stock, Will Keep $1.4 Billion After Taxes
- Jeff Bezos, Lauren Sanchez spotted in NY; other high-profile, post-scandal first outings
- MacKenzie Bezos Commits Half of Fortune to Charity After Split from Amazon CEO
- Activists upset with Jeff Bezos for working on a plan to regulate face recognition
- Bill Gates beats Jeff Bezos, reclaims the world's richest man title
- Amazon CEO to donate $33M to 'dreamers' scholarship fund
- Virgil: Jeff Bezos Has a Plan to Go to Space, and You Can Help Pay for It!
- Jeff Bezos offers to send Donald Trump into space
- Amazon's Jeff Bezos promises to fight Trump's immigration ban
Read Jeff Bezos' Final Letter to Shareholders Before Stepping Down as Amazon CEO have 315 words, post on www.newsweek.com at April 15, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.