Farmers harvest the 2020 – 21 winter – spring rice in Ninh Thuận Province's Thuận Nam District. – VNA/VNS Photo Công Thử NINH THUẬN – Farmers in the south – central and Tây Nguyên (Central Highlands) regions are getting high prices from a bumper harvest of the winter – spring rice crop, partly due to use of certified seeds and preventive measures against disease. The average yield in the two regions has been 6.6 tonnes per hectare, up 410kg against last year, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD). The selling price is VNĐ1,000 – 1,500 a kilogramme higher than last year. Speaking at a recent seminar held in the south-central province of Ninh Thuận, Nguyễn Thị Tố Trân, deputy director of the Bình Định Province Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, said farmers in Bình Định had harvested an average 7.1 tonnes per hectare, the highest yield so far. About half of the 320,000ha of the winter – spring rice in the two regions has been harvested so far, according to MARD. Lê Thanh Tùng, deputy head of MARD's Plant Cultivation Department, said: “Farmers were told to sow the crop earlier than normal and arrange a suitable sowing schedule for each area.” They have also used rice varieties with short –… Read full this story
- From Oracle to Rimini Street: TransGrid to reap rewards from the vendor dual
- Your groceries may be cheaper, but farmers and supermarkets feel the pain
- Computational breeding: Can AI offer an alternative to genetically modified crops?
- Iowa farmers face fourth year of possible losses heading into harvest
- Iowa has world's largest cereal plant, but state's farmers lack market for oats
- Arrest of SC hemp farmer underscores growing pains for budding CBD industry
- Neighbors pull together to harvest Iowa farmer's last crop
- Brooklyn H.S. reaps 500 lbs of organic produce each week from on-site vegetable garden
- Abyssinian pastor's new fund helps lift Ethiopian java farmers out of poverty
- Fabulous farmer
Farmers reap rewards thanks to bumper crops, high prices have 323 words, post on vietnamnews.vn at April 22, 2021. This is cached page on Vietnam Dance. If you want remove this page, please contact us.